Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Story of My Love


All that a man has to say or do that can possibly concern mankind, is in some shape or other to tell the story of his love,--to sing; and, if he is fortunate and keeps alive, he will be forever in love. Thoreau's Journal 6 May 1854 (From The Blog of Henry David Thoreau)

To tell the story of my love. This is my Great Commandment. To love God is to love what I love with utter abandon. To love God in all that I love. Even more--to love God as all that I love. This sound of rain on my windowpane. This cardinal singing at dawn. This human being before me grieving over the loss of a loved one. How could it be otherwise? To have it any other way is to love God in the abstract.

I trust that this blog is all about telling the story of my love. In no other way can it be of concern to you, my readers.

(DSH Photo: Workshop Flowers: July, 2005)

No comments: